Thursday, May 17, 2012

Artrage



The picture I posted yesterday wound up taking me 6-8 hours to complete. A lot of that time was spent fairly laboriously and painstakingly inking in forms by hand, using .05 and .08 Pigma Micron pens. This morning I fired up my iPad, opened the ArtRage app, filled in the rectangle by using just my finger to draw a quick closed figure with a single line, and then used the paint bucket icon to drop color into the resulting shape. Saved that picture, went in and changed the color scheme and re-saved. Total time on task, about two minutes. The results:



Although I've played around on the iPad a little, I've been resistant to the idea of digital artwork, which has generally felt slick and impersonal to me. But now I find myself going, "Hmmm." 

What would really make this interesting would be if I could find some kind of transparent or semitransparent paper to print on so that I'd be able to incorporate forms of this kind into regular analog collages. I've been looking for that for a while and haven't been able to find anything that doesn't jam the printer.



No comments: